Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I say, I say I'm not perfect (song of the day)

Song of the day, along with my mini-rant. Of course it's a song that I've heard many, many times before, but I'm tired right now, tired of bs, tired in general, annoyed and sick of my own stupidity and naivety among a lot of other things, so I kind of need a pick-me-up. I need a moment to breathe, before I have to go back to tackling any more problems and issues in my life and before I have to go back to crossing things off on my to-do list even though it's summer. I'm just so, so tired of messing everything I touch, up, and I'm so tired of feeling like a screwup, and I'm so incredibly tired of life moving so fast. I feel like I'm falling behind, or that life's a whirlwind ride that I can't get off of even though everyone else is controlling their speeds really well and basically succeeding. I'm so afraid of not succeeding, but I still put all my hope and faith into the idea that I'll eventually succeed. I just don't know how to make that eventual success happen, and sometimes I feel like any and all of my efforts towards making that eventual success happen are all in vain because my shitty luck will overpower my efforts. I feel unperfect, messed up, broken, cracked, and not in a good, unique, individual way, but rather in a way that my cracks won't allow me to succeed or be a whole person at all, let alone an individual. Perfect in every way is bad and unnecessary, but perfect in some waysis necessary. But, I still try to stay positive, because allowing myself to be sucked into a whirlpool of self-pity and self-misery is exactly how I ended up making so many bad choices in life, and living in the darkness is no fun. I want to be able to thrive in the light, even though I may not be ready for it yet. I'm trying to beat my fears, and conquer my past though, so I can one day live without the self-pity. It's hard, and the first step is just staying positive.... and not messing up so much and making mistakes that are so preventable. So that's why I chose this song; it kinda gets me pumped, or at least feeling better about myself. Usually such overt, obvious lyrics don't make me feel better but Sel Go's voice is just so awesomely powerful that it really gets deep into me and cheers me right up. So yeah, here's to hoping I feel better after 3 minutes and 21 seconds, and you guys get some positive reinforcement too. Plus, the video's pretty awesome as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment