Sunday, June 5, 2011

fanfare about feathersss

Alright, so the Kate Winslet post will have to wait for another day. I want to blog about something a little lighter for the moment, and talk about feathers, and Seventeen cover girl and Pretty Little Liar, Lucy Hale. Random thought of the day: I've started watching way too much Degrassi, Next Generation. I haven't been this obsessed with catching up on an entire series and its characters since the OC [which I still miss. Pre-Marissa, of course. The whole attention-seeking damsel-in-distress self-deprecating, self-sabotaging thing is my modus operandi, just a little. I definitely relate to Marissa, and Seasons 1 & 2, maybe 3 Serena vdW from Gossip Girl, way way too much.] Second random thought of the day: I REALLY need a new laptop. Immediately. I want my old one back! I really need to learn to treat technology better and not crash every tech device that lands in my hands... :(
Anyway. Continuing; flipping through the latest issue of Seventeen, Lucy Hale definitely has a thing for feathers. Peacock feathers especially are so beautiful, and feather earrings are so beautiful, and lightweight and comfortable in addition. Not to mention that feathers have such an awesome texture, and can instantly add a bright pop of color to an otherwise regular outfit. For my dear readers, this blogger breaks it all down, piece by piece, and I found some really cool feather earrings, at equally cool prices.
HERE is one option; first column, second row... comes in multiple colors! I got a pair with purple back feather for just $4.80. 5.7.9 is actually a really cute store that usually has great deals and discounts going on.
THIS is actually a necklace, not earrings, but pairing two of the cutest jewelry trends in one piece is a genius idea, in my opinion, and Forever 21's done it amazingly. I got this exact same necklace today too; the feather is amazingly soft. Also available in a cerulean shade of blue!
THIS, is another soft, cerulean option from Charlotte Russe that won't break the bank!
Tan and nude shades are super hot this season, and a great alternative to classic black (the shoe-of-the-day that will be featured will be nude (or "taupe") too!) Pick up a classic feather necklace in a tan shade right HERE for only $5.50!
HERE is a sweet multiple-feather black-and-silver option from Forever 21.
Show off your summer-ready shoulder blades with the swinging length on these chain-and-feather EARRINGS!
Cerulean is one of the hottest colors for summer. Pair THESE with a classic white strapless dress with lace accents, and hit the beach!
Go off-the-chain with THIS lavender-and-chain pair for only $4.00!
Dazzle in white with THIS crystal-and-white pair during your big night out on Broadway ;)
Go Full Feather Five in THIS charming white fan necklace that's a perfect accent for that sexy new LBD
Thanks for tuning in, guys. I'll be back a little later, talking about Lucy Hale, the amazing, down-to-earth girl that's got some serious acting chops and style tricks up her sleeve, and is the girl who inspired this entire article.
Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment