Monday, July 25, 2011

Comic Con or bust

COMIC CON!!! The inner geek in me (there's not much of a geek inside me, to be honest, so I'm grossly exaggerating my miniscule geek-dom when I say this...) really wants to go to Comic Con just to experience and live all the hype and costumes and gala and atmosphere of everything, not to mention that some amazing stars make their way to Comic Con. Can we say tVD? (I've gone a full 5 posts without any vampire mentions, I swear. I'm entitled this one!) There's lots of tVD Comic Con pics posted up at Nina Dobrev's twitter, but this photo is by far my favorite, though it's unrelated to Comic Con. Nina loves it too, and looking so gorgeous, why wouldn't she?

The pic looks like it belongs on a Seventeen cover, fun young and flirty, but at the same time, it's a super high-fashion dress and shot. That dress is gorgeous, and those booties are so high-fashion fierce, as Tyra would say. Her legs look a mile long, though I think she's only 5'6" or so. I love Nina's hair like that too; side-parted instead of in its usual center part! So sweet. On a slightly unrelated note, I love how environmentally-conscious Nina is (or maybe that's just her boyfriend Ian's influence...) - one look at her twitter @ninadobrev will show you how many environmental causes she wholeheartedly supports.

In other tVD news, Paul Wesl
ey (Stefan Salvatore...) got married a couple months ago to longtime girlfriend, Torrey DeVito (Melissa Hastings of Pretty Little Liars, deranged Nanny Carrie of One Tree Hill). I actually did not know; I'm such a bad tVD fan... I've been dropping the ball a little lately, I'll admit. I think it's cute; they look good together, and here's hoping this marriage works out better for Torrey, since her on-screen husband, Ian, just got murdered by A. Talk about 'til death do us part...speaking of dramatic deaths, more on that later, so stick around and keep reading. An-y-way... COMIC CON!!! I really want to go one day, just to soak in the intensity. It's an iconic sort of event, I guess, though I don't even like comic books that much (I've read a few of the icons, but it's not something I'm too well-educated in so I can't really talk about comics much!). Here's one reason I want to go to Comic Con at least once, though, aside from all the stars walking around (K-Stew was there too, if you didn't get your Vampire fix with tVD!) - are costumes fashionable? I can't embed it, but watch this to take a look at the some of the (reportedly) best costumes seen at Comic Con 2011. Judge for yourself... Yay or Nay?

You’re watching Comic-Con 2011 - Cosplay Fans. See the Web's top videos on AOL Video

Onto more serious subject matter, #ripAmy ...yes, it's a trending Twitter and Facebook and blog topic. I don't enjoy tweeting or Facebooking, or even blogging about death, as it's not something that should be taken lightly. Amy Winehouse's early death was definitely tragic, and though I'm in no position to judge her for any of her decisions, I wish she had received, or chosen to receive some help before passing away, as no life deserves to be cut short the way hers was. I hope she's resting in peace and is in a better place, wherever she is now. It's no romantic or laughing matter that Amy had to join the ranks of the other prematurely deceased great talents, such as Princess Diana, Anna Nicole Smith, Heath Ledger, Michael Jackson, Kurt Cobain... the list really goes on and on. I think there's not a whole lot more to say on the subject matter, but Kimberly Perry, of the Band Perry, had it right when she sang, "Funny when you're dead, how people start listening..." Maybe if these people received half the attention while alive that they did when dead, they wouldn't be dead in the first place, but then again, I'm nobody to speculate.
Ciao. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment