Thursday, July 21, 2011

turn the clock to zero, honey

Quick update; I'm procrastinating. I haven't actually thrown out a song-of-the-day in a little while (My Moment doesn't really count...) I really quite like this song because it's so raw and focuses on the guitar and voice alone, and not fancy recording studio sounds. This song really rings true with me right now and captures so well what I've been thinking about and going through lately, but before I give you the video commentary and video, three things:
#1: Next post is going to veer off into a slightly unexpected direction... fair warning
#2: I've recently started noticing actress Jacqueline Pinol, so I'm going to talk about her briefly in the next post before I veer off into the aforementioned unexpected direction.
#3: I'm going to change the background of this blog soon, just as soon as I find an image/layout that I really like. I'm thinking it's time for a change, though I love this layout.

I love Aly Michalka's voice. It's so powerful. She's come such a long way from her 'Phil of the Future' days (Yes, I'm a child at heart. Deal.) ...I really hope Hellcats returns to the screen this fall, though there were rumors about canceling the show after only one season :S
You really get to hear her voice in this song, and it's not covered up by heavy guitar or drumming or recording studio shtick; just mellifluous background acoustics and background singers. It's sing-able, too... easy singing notes to hit.
This is not the actual footage of the show; it's the iTunes HQ version, but I will include the Hellcat live version too. There's something even more genuine and powerful about that version; live, raw music from the heart has its own charm that no HQ version can replace.
The original Sting version of this song is actually really good too! It's classic rock; go listen. Now. <3


Here's the live version from the show. "How could it be that what you need the most can leave you feelin' just like a ghost; you never want to feel so sad and lost again..." I notice I talk a lot about love in this post... unintentional. But love or lack of it is quite the catalyst to the world's rotation.
CLICK HERE FOR THE LIVE VERSION. I can't embed; the embed feature for this video has been disabled upon request of the original contributor on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment