Thursday, July 21, 2011

oh, i don't think i can be anything other than me

Pamela Anderson designing and posing in "couture" stockings? I'm not surprised about the latter, but the stockings themselves look like the same ones I could get at Topshop to me. Now I really have seen it all.
I have to say I do love those pumps. They look a little like a pair of 4 1/2 inch heel black suedette closed-toe pumps I got from Forever 21... forever ago. They're not particularly comfy, but they are cute, and awesome for dressed-up occasions!
I admit that I do really like the sheer, lace-top stockings to the left. They look cute, girlie, and would be great contrast under LBDs, or LWDs for a demure look. The sheer looks well done and non-fake; the bare-legs-but-not look was all the rage at one point... possibly making a comeback? Black crazy-patterned stockings are more popular these days. The better question is what you think of the advertising of these "couture" stockings. X-rated, for sure... I don't know if that's a great way to market to all demographics, or any demographic outside of the 16-26 year old range. I think the middle photo (not included for ratings' sake, and viewer discretion is advised...) HERE might actually offend a whole lot of people, especially religious people. Hmm.
Here's where my life's been at, the past couple of days- I've been thinking A LOT about this, and missing people that I maybe shouldn't miss. Maybe not having them in my life is actually not such a bad thing, but I shouldn't try to control the situation. I should let things be and change as they want to and just go with the flow of the friendship as it changes. So.... here's what my life's been revolving around!
In my present, I love college and definitely don't remember High School as better than it really was, but I do remember a lot of my past friendships/relationships/connections as better than they really were, and I tend to see the present absence of these old connections as a bad thing. Truth is, I'm seeing the present as worse than it really is, and these connections probably aren't in my life for a good reason, so it's actually a good thing.... I still don't believe in letting people just go, though. Some people are only meant to stay in your life for a short while, but I don't leave things entirely up to fate; you have to control your own destiny to some extent. Fate controls who walks into your life; you choose who walks out of it... sometimes it's better to let people go/walk away, especially if they want to, and other times, it's better to hold on to people rather than letting them walk away because its the "only option" or "right choice". Staying with someone is harder than leaving, and it's more rewarding to pick the tougher path sometimes. And don't try leaving before you get hurt- tried it, doesn't work. Until next time.

"if you don't leave yourself open to being hurt, you'll never be open to being happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment