Sunday, July 17, 2011

friends with benefits is like communism; good in theory, fails in execution.

The above is a quote by Mila Kunis, referring to her movie, Friends With Benefits, that premieres next week. I'm actually really excited to see this movie; I think Mila is a talented actress, and I won't complain about Justin Timberlake filling up screen time with his hotness. Hopefully this is better than 'No Strings Attached', too!
I have two more pieces of randomness to throw out before the scheduled post.
Randomness #1: I'm irrationally obsessed with the song "Superbass" by Nicki Minaj right now; I don't know why. It's not even a new song, but I just love this song as much as my-my-my-my-pelican-fly. :P It's on repeat, and I'll occasionally rotate between Skyscraper (Demi Lovato), When I Make It Shine (Victoria Justice), and Just Tonight (Pretty Reckless). I'm in productivity mode; it's my motivation playlist :P
Randomness #2: I think the legal system is pretty messed up in America. Corrupt and based on too many technicalities rather than actual justice. I was thinking about Casey Anthony's court trial earlier. I don't have much to say about it, since the media's already covered it to death, but it's just sad how skewed the legal system really is, despite the fact that the legal system is supposed to be the moral foundation of America. The system actually enables criminals, in so many ways. Random, slightly related fun fact: The solving of cases in America actually (reportedly) dropped after the first four or five seasons of CSI (Crime Scene Investigation), because the show allegedly educates criminals about police and crime lab procedures, and how to not get caught. True or not, it's something to think about... and parents say that TV isn't educational :P On another note, I love Sara Sidle at the moment, from the original CSI -I've taken a break from CSI New York and actually started watching the original. It's good.

And now.... I'm actually going to write a blog post about my dream room, with pictures and everything! I was thinking about sophomore year dorm room decoration, and obviously price/availability/physical ability to carry things prevents me from truly building my dream dorm room. So I want to build my dream dorm virtually, with pictures and links to actual furniture and wall decor that I've found online (a lot of it at Urban Outfitters, actually, which tends to be pricey, to be honest), and I'll try to put a finished picture together over at polyvore! It should just be a fun little summer project, and maybe it'll give you readers some ideas as well, for your own dorm rooms/bedrooms/whatever space you currently occupy. Stay tuned; ideas and pictures coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment