Saturday, July 2, 2011

life's too short to be mourned; own yours and make it count even if it sucks.

Hi! I've noticed that my blog posts are getting a bit rambly, lately, and that's not cool. If people are anything like me, they'll get bored of the rambling, or the incredible amounts of text will just fail to hold people's attention, and they'll stop reading, even if they like the content. I apologize for the last post, it was, to be honest, emotional blog-vomit, and I was just venting about personal issues, which is something I generally stay away from in this blog. It's not supposed to be talking about negative personal issues, it's supposed to be a journey into the beautiful things that life has to offer. However, I grew a lot in the last post, in an emotional sense, and hopefully, the sense of heartbreak of the last post will help some other readers grow and lift something positive from the experience too. Life jades people and makes them cynics, me included, and it makes them unwilling to put themselves and their hearts out into the hands of chance. I believe that it's okay to be cautious, but it's still important to take the time to heal, and then love with abandon once again, no matter how many times you get hurt, because if you hold back your heart in the fear of getting it broken, the only thing you're really holding back is yourself. You just won't be able to live to your fullest if you get hurt. Better to live and get hurt than to not live at all, as they say... you only have one chance at life, so make it really count, no matter how many battle scars you endure in the process - if they didn't kill you, they'll make you stronger! (Which is something very hard to believe when you're heartbroken, but it DOES get better, I promise, and you will think yourself when you take a chance someday on someone new and it finally pays off. One hundred chances may be meant to fail, but you have to go through them all before you encounter the one chance that's meant to succeed.)
Enough with the euphamisms, however... here's a breakup oriented song of the day! And I will definitely get back to the regular posts, and stop using songs as filler posts; I've just been super busy lately. This song is one of my eternal favorites though (just coinicidence that it was played in the Founders Day episode of tVD... I actually didn't remember that. I've loved this song since before the episode aired.) Regardless, here's the video with the lyrics; there's no official out for this song. I hope you guys like the music!
As always, buy it on iTunes. Smoke & Mirrors (Deluxe Version) - Lifehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment