Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Skinny Love.




Song of the day: This is Birdy's cover of Bon Iver's Skinny Love. I could listen to this song literally forever (for now, until I get sick of it). The video is gorgeous as well, and personally, I much prefer this version to Bon Iver's. Maybe because this version was featured in the Vampire Diaries' episode: The Sun Also Rises (second-to-last episode). I really do like the show, for more reasons than just the plot and characters. It's such a life inspiration; the amount of love the characters have for each other is phenomenal. The sacrifices people make for each other, even after messing up, or doing the wrong thing, are incredible. How selfless some people are leaves me in awe, and I truly wish I could be more like some of these characters; selfless, loving, giving, full of so much faith, bright-hearted, always putting others beforethemselves, confused but not unhappy, and so, so strong in the face of adversity. In the show, even within the darkness there is light, there is hope, and I've always loved that quality. I wish I could be more positive like that, and not get so sucked into darkness, but rather, keep searching for the light at the end of the tunnel. I wish I could embrace the potential and bright that others say they see inside of me, but I continue to be dark too often (Damon, anyone? ...he IS sooo hot. :P) I really wish I was more like Elena though. I couldn't imagine ever smiling or getting out of bed or being normal again if I'd lost that many people in seventeen mere years. I couldn't imagine not feeling entitled to pity parties; the beautiful thing is even if Elena feels entitled to pity parties, she doesn't throw herself any. It's enlightening. I should definitely aspire to that much more. I definitely think more people including myself could take a lesson or two from the series and learn something about being strong in the face of adversity and remaining positive and unconditional love and support for friends and family. I should appreciate my family more. I couldn't imagine losing them, no matter how much they may annoy me. They want the best for me, at the end of the day. Anyway, enough of my ramblings; enjoy the video and the song =) I may post a video of the graveyard scene from The Sun Also Rises (spoiler, if anyone reading this hasn't seen it yet, but it came out a while back so loyal fans should have caught it by now).
And let it be known that vlog formatting entirely annoys me. Can't get the spacing right! Urghhh blogger loves making life difficult for me -__- I'm about to switch to wordpress lolll but I digress. I'll calm down, in the spirit of the whole "be more positive thing".
Thanks for listening/watching! Until next time, xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment