Thursday, August 18, 2011

Congratulations, Lizzie !

I'm missing my cute Wordpress background! Time to head back there, maybe? Maybe I really should flesh out and develop that blog more... or just go ahead and get my own website and merge all posts together... I'm also going to start tagging ("labeling") these posts; I know I've been ignoring tags up until now... I wonder why I've been doing that actually. I'm also going to do a blog-cleanup within the next couple of days, and fill out or delete and generally clean up old posts that might flow really confusingly (I do tend to ramble; I apologize :P). I have a great couple of posts lined up though, so let's get started!

First though, quick news that I found out about over at the lovely
Lovelyish.com : Clothing brand Abercrombie & Fitch, who previously blasted the infamous Jersey Shore cast for wearing their brand (I guess the brand doesn't want their image being connected to the not-amazing image of the Shore crew?), has now released a GTL t-shirt, possibly looking to boost sales and revenue through Jersey Shore's popularity. I definitely understand how that's a bit hypocritical, and Pauly D said as much over Twitter: "Hmmm if they don't want us to wear those clothes why make GTL shirts" ...maybe because the world is a pretty selfish place, Pauly.

On to the juice: Growing up is confusing. It's been said, it's been done, it's been sung about and danced about and talked about to death. But what I remember about growing up is that I learned so much about it from Disney show Lizzie McGuire starring Hilary Duff of course. (Is it just me or is Hilary the only Disney star who matured gracefully, tastefully and without any major scandal? She ended up an entrepreneur, charitable, in love, married, and is now happily pregnant!) I remember always wanting amazing friends like Gordo and Miranda and wanting that kind of trio thing in general (I had a best friend, never a trio... the closest I came to a trio was fifth grade, which pretty much failed in the worst way possible; I'm not friends with either of the other two-thirds of the trio now.). I remember wishing for understanding, sweet parents like Lizzie's, and I used to quote cartoon-Lizzie to my mom every day. "You're ruining my life!", though dramatic, was something I realized every teen really did say to their parents more-or-less every day (thank you, Lizzie!) I was such a typical teenager in every sense possible, it actually makes me laugh, but I legitimately thought my situation was unique. I laugh about all the theatrics that I put people through now, and some of them were bratty, so plenty were actually funny and oh-so-typical. In light of all of us having grown up past those moments into mostly mature, changed, enlightened individuals, and in light of Hilary Duff's pregnancy (wonder if she'll give her kid a normal name?), I thought I'd list the top sweetest/funniest/most potent "growing up" moments that there were on Lizzie McGuire.

No comments:

Post a Comment