Friday, August 5, 2011

I like where we are

Hi! I know I haven't posted in a while, and that's due to both Blogger having some technical difficulties as well as my own slightly crazy, out-of-sync schedule. I'm back though, with more of a filler post than anything unfortunately (though the post below this one is FULL of thought-provoking goodies!! Check it out, click comment...) I have two comments today:

1) "Love You Like A Love Song" is a song that's actually grown on me. It's not as insipid and annoying to my ears anymore, for some reason.

2) There's WAY too much Justin and Selena in the news. Just today I was reading a report (FOX News) that "Jelena" is the new "Jitney" (I don't think "Jitney" was ever actually an official term, so I'll go ahead and copyright that... jokes.) "Jitney", of course, refers to Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears, for you non late '80s, early '90s children. Just like Selena and the Biebz, Timberlake and Spears were largely industry-manufactured, and designed to sell and promote their respective careers - much like today, where Gomez and Bieber are both feeding off of each other's popularity and fame to create an ever bigger superstardom as "Jelena" which helps to sell the public on their individual images (halves of "Jelena") more than ever. And if anything, Selena's the one taking charge and building herself an independent image (she got annoyed when asked if her music was about Justin - which is valid; her reputation as an artist should definitely not be dependent on a relationship that could end any day) but still allowing the fame of "Jelena" to make her name known! Though who takes charge is essentially irrelevant, I feel like the duo are being talked about way too much - just for being Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez. They are getting way too much undeserved attention just for being who they are, and just for being in a relationship and doing normal, common relationship-y things. Every move of theirs is being analyzed far, far too much, and honestly, their relationship doesn't deserve that much attention! It deserves to be commented on, but not broken down on a minute-by-minute basis ("Did Selena sleepover at Justin's hotel? What does JB think of Selena's topless pics - never mind what's going to happen to Sel's reputation? Justin Bieber gave his lady love backstage at her concert! Selena kissed Bieber's cardboard cutout at a store!!") The news on the two isn't even noteworthy anymore; it's ridiculous. It's news and obsession for the sake of news. Certain celebs deserve to be talked about because they are doing something worth talking about - Kim Kardashian's getting married; Mila Kunis is cussing out reporters and defending Timberlake in Russian; Demi Lovato is speaking out publicly about her issues and her stint in rehab and even promoting her new album; Obama just celebrated a major birthday. Justin and Selena are only being themselves, and so they aren't doing a whole lot that actually deserves to be talked about. I admit that I just, ironically, did the exact opposite of what I'm encouraging and talked about the couple, but barring this post, we really need to listen to what I just said and stop talking about irrelevant things like people being themselves. Don't get me wrong. Both Selena and Justin seem like wonderful people and I respect them both, but millions of other people are wonderful too, and they don't make the news every day. Justin and Selena don't need to make front page of every blogsite/gossip site/magazine either anymore.

3) Today is apparently the day champagne was invented? I don't know anything about this, but it sounds fab! It's something to research soon, for sure. Oh, and I might do a wine feature post soon... just saying. I love wine though I really shouldn't, yet... oops.

4) I used to LOVE this song so much so long ago. I don't really like it so much anymore, but I say that it deserves a tune-of-the-day mention just for memories' sake. It's a cool folkish pop rock progressive bluesish soft/alt/old rock TECHNO song. It's pretty awesome; there's not a whole lot more to say about it, honestly. This is just a shoutout sort of thing for a used-to-be-a-favorite song. It's still a fairly epic song, actually. Love the techno beat. It's legitimately a super-cool circa late-'80s, early-to-mid '90's vibe music video too. I love vintage stuff, can't you tell? Though fashion-wise, vintage feels like the new fashion - it feels like EVERYONE'S wearing vintage now, so I avoid blending in that way and avoid going the vintage route like everyone else. In any case, enjoy the video :)



I should probably put an iTunes link here... but I'm feeling lazy. I'll possibly come back later and add that. I'm gonna go practice the guitar now, which I've seriously been slacking on, which sucks super bad... AFTER I catch up on this week's Pretty Little Liars. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment